9 November 2011

Neutrogena anti residue shampoo

Hello cupcakes,

I hope you're all well, fear not it's the weekend soon yay. 

I was going through my computer and I found this post which I had written ages ago and I thought I would post it. I don't have any pictures of my hair and I'm not using this shampoo at the moment but I will be repurchasing it again soon.

So here is the post.

I want to talk today about a shampoo that I recently purchased. I have written about my hair and how it is the biggest pain in my life. Around my crown I have a really greasy patch. I always try new shampoos, just like mascaras. It's good to keep switching up your shampoo and conditioner because your hair get's so used to one shampoo very quickly and it just stops doing it's job, if you walk into my bathroom you will see five different shampoos lol.

So, "anti residue" if you use a ton of products on your hair while styling or don't remove all of the shampoo and conditioner properly you get build-up on your scalp resulting in greasy patches like mine, your hair will become dull lifeless and weighed down because you have all of this buildup and you will find your hair will become harder to work with. When you have a greasy scalp it means your sebaceous glands are producing too much grease, which is a serious pain in the backside, just like your skin you have millions of these tiny glands they secrete an oily/waxy substance called sebum. 

I started to do some research and came across a YouTube video which mentioned Bumble and Bumble Sunday something or other which removes product buildup, the problem is Bumble and Bumble is expensive because the UK doesn't get it, so instead I typed in "anti residue shampoo" and the Neutrogena anti residue shampoo came up. It was still pricey I think I paid $15 and then p&p. I got it on eBay, I'm not sure of the seller etc, just type in neutrogena anti residue shampoo and I'm sure it'll come up for you.

When the shampoo came I was at an all time low with my hair, the greasy patch wouldn't bugger off and I was getting so annoyed, I used this once and I'm not even kidding the greasy spot had gone and all product buildup traces had gone. My hair felt so soft and bouncy and I was just happy and in love with my hair again. But one morning I went into the bathroom and noticed that a lot of it had disappeared, my husband had been using it everytime he washed his hair :-0 I wasn't happy. 

I will warn you that If you have coloured hair then be careful with this product because the shampoo is used for stripping your hair of products. I use it once a week and use my normal shampoo every other time I wash and they worked so well, my hair was shiny and soft and it bounced, my hair does NOT bounce.

I would give this shampoo 5stars, it lathers up really nicely and it doesn't just promise it will work for you, it does work. I will buy again because it's always a good idea to have some sort of shampoo which is good for removing residue, I know that Pantene have brought one out which I am intrigued to try out, maybe I will do a product smackdown and see which I like better. In terms of price, it is pricey and I am sure that if you live in the States you could pick this baby up pretty cheaply because it is drugstore, but you get a lot of product for your money and because you don't use it everyday  this bottle will last you for a good couple of months.

There we have it, have you tried this shampoo? I'd love to know what you use

Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. I have just starting using this, as I wanted to do an Olaplex stand-alone treatment. It is awesome. It removed all the buildup from my hair, so the Olaplex was able to penetrate well. Due to the shampoo and Olaplex being so drying, I did follow up with Redken Heavy cream after I shampooed the Olaplex. My hair is like silk, and now I use Olaplex #3 weekly. Quite impressive, I say!

    ReplyDelete