26 May 2011

MAC Paintpots fabs and drabs

Hi guys and dollz.
 
With all the dramas going on in my life I guess I haven't really taken the time to put on makeup, because I've either not been out or I've just been going to the shop so I've neglected myself and my makeup. It's bad I know, slap my hand lol. It's all going to change though.

I want to talk about my paint pots, I love these guys because they’re so versatile and yes I love products that have more than one purpose, I feel like I’m getting more for my money lol.

Top Row, L to R - Indianwood, Painterly, Rubenesque and Artifact
Bottom Row, L to R, Artifact, Coral Crepe and Dangerous Cuvee

My favourite is Indianwood, My reasons for loving this Paintpot is, it goes on so softly. It lasts for ages even with my oily eyelids. When you apply it if you take it up into your crease a little bit, it doesn’t matter because it looks like you’ve put a ton of effort in and used two colours which is always good. With these paintpots they can be worn as a base or just as a simple wash of colour. It’s such a nice shade of gold and you don’t need to really stick your finger/brush in there to get a nice intense colour. I know they're usually bases but I don't think I could put something over the top of this shadow, it's just pretty :-)

I like all of the paintpots that I own. However, I bought Artifact from a blogsale and I was less than pleased when it came dried out, I don’t think I’m going to get to use it much, can’t win them all huh. (If anyone has any ideas on how to make them creamy again then I'd love to know)
 
I love Painterly, it’s such a nice sort of ‘concealer’ look, it’s a nice wash of colour but not so in your face that you look silly. It opens the eyes and brightens them.
 
Rubenesque, it’s pretty but I think you’d really have to dig your fingers in there to get a nice colour payoff. I'm actually thinking about selling it, I tried it on yesterday and within an hour it had worn off.
 
Coral Crepe, wow, it’s beautiful I know it’s orange but it’s so nice and the colour payoff is just fantastic.
 
Dangerous Cuvvee is the same as Rubenesque, it’s gorgeous but not the best colour payoff.

I was unaware of paint pots until not so long ago, I sure am glad I was introduced to them now I have the ones I have.


I'd love to hear, what are your fav paintpots?

Peace, love and cupcakes

2 comments:

  1. I have never ventured into paint pots as I really don't like the idea of cream shadows but I think I might just give them a whirl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should, some of them are so nice. I just like the idea of being able to wear one shadow and it still look pretty :-) they usually do last too so it's even better. Rubenesque really isn't that great, I'm going to try and sell it on eBay :-) I'm really upset it didn't live to my expectations because I had pined for it ages oh well that's life lol xx

    ReplyDelete