10 January 2013

Plum hair to lilac

Hello my loves,

I hope you're all well :)

A couple of weeks ago I decided to change my hair again, I was actually loving my pink hair but my roots were out of control and I decided that I needed yet another change. I bleached my roots which I really didn't need to do with this dye. My friend said I should go for plum hair and I thought ok cool that will be a nice change, I went into town the next day and picked up a tub of plum.

I'm not going to go on about this because I've reviewed directions in more detail before. On my hair this plum came out quite strange, it was quite bluey purple. On the pictures it looks more blueberry and on my roots because obviously I bleached them it looks pinky purple. On the instructions it says to leave it for 15 minutes but I  always leave them on  for a bit longer and it ended up being about an hour on my head. I think in future I will probably leave them for the time stated and see if that makes a difference. Also, just because this turned out this way on my hair doesn't mean it will look the same on everyone else's hair.

When I dyed my hair with rubine it did stain my skin but I found it didn't stain my clothes or my pillow, with this one it has stained pretty much everything I wear and my pillow. My hands are stained and so are my nails. On some of the reviews I have seen about Manic Panic dyes they don't stain as much, so maybe I will try a manic panic dye, the only problem with this is they're twice the price. Also, just with this dye I looked in the mirror once I had washed it off my hair and my face was actually purple because it had come into contact with my face.

I'm not going to lie here, I do not like this dye at all. I set out to remove it with the vitamin c trick that I talked in my last post, you can read that here. I attempted three times to remove it and it just wasn't working, yes it did get lighter but it wasn't light enough for me to do anything with or put anything over. I had a box of Colour b4 in my draw so I thought I would give that a go and the result was much better, the colour before didn't remove it completely but I am much happier with the result if I am honest. It's really hard to put my finger on what colour it is because it's quite unique, In some lights it's very lilac, in others it's quite silvery blue.

I'm sorry about the picture quality it's hard taking good pictures in winter. I am so much happier now it's lighter, I do think I am going to mix some plum in with conditioner and see what happens because my hair is a bit of a rainbow at the moment.

 
 
What's your hair colour at the moment?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The color looks amazing! I love purple!

    I just started a new blog (I'm new at this) and would appreciate if you could take a look at it and give me some feedback!

    www.sonandstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you :) that's really lovely of you.

    I will have a look at your blog xx

    ReplyDelete