12 August 2012

Slightly obsessed with hairdye

Hello my lovelies,

I hope you are well.

Today I want to talk about hair dye and products that I have been buying over the past couple of months. As you will be aware (if you have been a follower on my blog for a while or follow me on twitter) I love hair dye, I just love it. I love how I can be a brunette one day and a redhead the next, I know it's very damaging doing that so I don't recommend doing it all the time and maybe going to a salon. In my opinion hair and makeup is a form of art, not a lot of people want tattoos but want to express their feelings somehow and I believe you can do this through your hair and makeup, at the end of the day who wants to be like everyone else?I am a natural brunette but my natural colour is just a dull shade of brown and I didn't want to keep it.

Over the past few months as I mentioned I have been getting into the really bright colours, I want some fun injected into my life and I can that with the colours that I will you show you. I think this obsession came when Katy Petty sported her pink locks, I don't like all that much but as soon as I saw her pink and purple hair, I knew I needed it. As I haven't tried the dyes this is a sort of haul post and I will use pictures from the Internet to show you how over the next few months I will be "wearing" my hair. Isn't going to be damaging? you might ask, well I guess it will be because I will have to bleach my hair to a light enough blonde for some of the shades to be  vibrant like I want them. The actual dyes I am using contain no peroxide or ammonia, I think I saw somewhere that directions hair dyes are made from vegetable oils or something.

Although directions are great little pots of dye, you only get 88ml so you should use them as sparingly as possible, I always buy two pots because I'd rather have too many than not have enough and run out. They can be quite cheap if you can buy in bulk or you can buy them in a shop. Obviously you can buy them online at amazon or eBay, I have found a wonderful seller on amazon who bundles your orders together and doesn't charge much for postage and package and they come really quickly too. The seller I use is called Faith Cosmetics and their prices are good, I think it's £3.99 for one or £6.99 for two and they add tinting brushes too. Directions do not come with gloves either, so you will have to buy some but I just bought some really cheap ones off of amazon, it's also better to use the latex ones because the dye seeps through the plastic ones but that's up to you.

I would like mention that I didn't just wake up one day and decide I am going to buy all of these pots, I have been buying them over a long period and I have done a lot of research by googling the colours and using YouTube to see what the colours would look like, also the damage that I would have to put my hair through bleaching it.

Anyway, I'll move onto the pictures, I would like to point out that the pictures are not my own I have used the ones posted on google images as inspiration, I obviously do not want to copy the styles that I have posted but I do love the colours and styles. The pots are my own pictures.








I just wanted to say also, if you want to try colouring your hair but aren't really sure of what style or colour you would like you can use this site called "bee unique" to look at what the colours look like etc. They have the main brands on there also so can browse by brand and colour.

So there we have it, I cannot wait to play around, I think that as I am doing a hairdressing course I could get away with these colours more. Have you ever used Directions? Are there any colours that I absolutely have to try?

Peace, love and Hairdye


No comments:

Post a Comment